Mailing List

I am working on updating my mailing list! If you would like to receive an email when I list something on ebay or here on my blog please email me at chris@theantiquepallet.com and let me know! Thanks!







My etsy listings

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More fun stuff!

Erica turned 18 this year.  I am still finding it hard to believe that I am getting so old!  We had a party for her....cake and ice cream up in the shed.  After 18 years of planning themes and making cakes for her parties I was really searching for what to do this year.  I saw a segment on the Early Show about decorating cupcakes that inspired me.  They used tootsie rolls and icing and sprinkles to make broccoli and icing to make lo mein.  Since chinese is Erica's all time favorite I decided to go for it!  She loved the cake and it was easy and fun to make.  I got the chinese words off the internet and on the outside of the cake I put them all around....love, honor, faith, together, smart, funny, health, wealth...all the things I see or hope to see in Erica's future.



This has really been a tough year on Erica.....having to grow up and so many milestones that Grandpa missed.  He is working in Iraq right now so he wasn't here for her birthday.  He sent her this hat in the mail.  He said all the guys wear them over there!  She loved it!  He also found a way to call right when we were having the party so he could talk to her...and make her cry!!!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

that cake is AMAZING! Nice work there Mom... sad about grandpa. Hope he's back home soon. =)